- LOLES LEÓN
- CÁNDIDO GÓMEZ
- JULIÁN QUINTANILLA
- ERIC FRANCÉS
- Julián Quintanilla
- Julián Quintanilla
- EL HIJO LA CHARY PC
- Víctor Reyes
- 41 Cleveland International Film Festival · [Oscars Qualifying Festival] Cleveland United States March 31
- 2017 Ohio Premiere BestLIve Action Short Film > Qualication for the Oscars 2018 45º Festival Internacional de Cine de Huesca (Oscars Qualifying) Huesca Spain June 7
- 2017 Audience Award 23 San Luis Obispo International Film Festival San Luis Obispo United States March 17
- 2017 San Luis Obispo Premiere Audience Award for Best Short 8 San Jose International Film Festival San Jose United States October 22
- 2016 World Premiere BEST DRAMA AWARD Festival Internacional de Cine de Lebu Lebu Chile February 11
- 2017 Chilean Premiere PRESS AWARD & SPECIAL MENTION OF THE JURY Alexandria International Film Festival Alexandria United States November 11
- 2016 Washington State Premiere BEST FOREIGN FILM Festival de Cine de Hermosillo Hemosillo Mexico December 3
- 2016 Mexican BEST ACTRESS & BEST SHORT FILM USA Film Festival Dallas United States April 30
- 2017 Texas Honorable Mention Winchester International Film Festival Winchester United Kingdom November 12
- 2016 UK Premiere SPECIAL JURY AWARD FOR BEST FOREIGN FILM Free Spirit Film Festival Dharamshala India October 29
- 2016 Asien Première BEST SHORT FILM + BEST EDITING Woodengate International Film Festival Baia Mare Romania Romanian Premiere BEST ACTRESS AWARD Bucharest Film Awards Bucharest Romania January 28
- 2017 San Diego Latino Film Festival San Diego United States March 21
- 2017 San Diego Premiere MECAL Pro Barcelona Barcelona Spain 14 Alicante FIlm Festival (Goyas Qualifying) Alicante Spain May 23
'The Whole World' won the 'Best Live Action Short Film' Award
in the 41 Cleveland International Film Festival
being qualified for the 2018 Academy Awards consideration - Oscars.
How do you bring a mother back from the death?
by Julián Quintanilla
The Whole World’ came about from the need, if only for a short while, to speak again to someone who has gone. In my case, in order to achieve this, there was only one way: by making a film.
After the death of my mother in 2001, at the age of 49, I felt the need to keep on communicating with her in some way. And for me film became the medium, not only to do this, but to provide continuity to a story that destiny wanted to be over and done with, but which for me, is not.
That’s why, every year, I go to see my mother at the cemetery.
And yes, I do talk to her.
Just as my neighbor Felipa did with her dead lady friends and, as it happens, my grandfather did now and then in order to speak to my grandmother.
For some this might signify madness. For others, however, it is perfectly normal. And in the Badajoz neighborhood of San Roque, where I was born, some of us hold the belief that the dead…
are not entirely dead.